Archive for May, 2012
Hi, my name is Nathan Cornelius, and today is my birthday. My two month birthday, that is.
They tell me I am as cute as I’ve ever been. I like to think so. I am growing like a weed, too–I’ll get my official stats at my 2 month check-up next week. I spent all week fighting my first cold, and I think I have almost emerged victorious. I sure hope so, because if not I’m pretty sure I’m going to have another duel with the dreaded booger-sucker later tonight. Daaaaaaaaah! I hate that thing. The whole being sick thing kind of messed with my schedule–I went from sleeping 5 hours at night to 2. But want to know how I know I’m feeling better? I slept 5 hours again last night. Whoo-hoo!
I have a few favorite things, and here is what they are:
1. My dad. He remains my favorite person to look at in the whole world. Anyone who has ever looked at him can understand what I mean. He is so fascinating. His beard, his hair, his eyes, his glasses, the way his mouth moves when he talks. I can’t get enough. Of course, Mom’s a better snuggler, but I don’t hold that against him.
2. My boppy pillow. This is a relatively recent addition to my life, and I’m not sure how I survived this long without it. I love to kick-back and hang with old Bop on the couch, on the floor, on the table, in my crib, and pretty much anywhere.
3. My polka-dot blanket. When all else fails, including Dad and the Boppy, lay me down and let me stare at my polka dots, please. Thank-you very much.
4. My diaper changing station. Sometime in the last two weeks it got a make-over, and I am telling you, it is P.L.U.S.H. I could lay there talking to my mirror-friend all day.
I have a few favorite activities, and here is what they are:
1. Eating. I eat and eat and eat. It is my full-time job. I am eating about 4 oz every 4 hours, give or take and ounce (or hour). Got milk?
2. Walking. I take my parents for walks daily. It’s a hard job, but someone has to do it. I have a great little front pack that I ride around in. Used to be that I fell asleep immediately upon entering that front pack. Not anymore! Now I can make it almost 5 minutes into the walk before conking out…
3. Observing. This activity takes up by far the most of my awake time. It’s a big world, folks, and I am determined to take it all in by my next bottle. This requires the widest eyed attentiveness imaginable. And I am just the man for the job.
4. Music Critiquing. My current favorites are this little bear mobile that plays “Rock-a-Bye Baby” and Beethoven’s 5th symphony. No joke. I have broad taste.
5. Fighting sleep. Don’t ask me why. I like to sleep. I need to sleep. I’m happy asleep. But I stand strong in my resolutions. I will not surrender to you, sleep!
My least favorite things in life include:
1. The Booger Sucker. Man, I despise that bulbous little guy.
2. Stomach cramps. I don’t get them much, and I’m not what you would call colicky, but I do make it known when my poor little tumbly hurts. Burping, tooting, and pooping all help, as does spitting up all the phlegm in my stomach.
3. Cold baths. Don’t get me wrong–I LOVE my bath. But if Mom doesn’t get it warm enough, I think my world might end.
Happy two month birthday, me!