What I’ve been doing since I dropped off the planet:
- Nannying: for two or three families 3-4 days a week for most of the summer. All done now that it’s (almost) fall!
- Traveling: we did a lot of quick summer weekend trips (8) to visit various family members and friends while we had the time (before Tim starts his crazy fall hours) and inclination.
- Canning and freezing: blueberries, strawberries, peaches, green beans, asparagus, applesauce, blackberries and tomatoes. Yum. All three freezers ar juuuuuuust about full.
- Cleaning and cooking: when am I not?!
- Sulking: which above all else is why I haven’t been blogging, because who really wants to read sulks, anyway?
- Redecorating: Guestroom #2 has been remade, and I love it. Now onto Guestroom #1, which is currently in progress (I was supposed to finish it this week, but I made applesauce and read Pirate Hunters instead).
- Exercising: I started on the Couch to 5K program in July, but then ditched it to run with Tim 3 mornings a week instead (he’s not big on the whole run-walk-run-walk thing). We’ve kept it up fairly consistently since then. He’s been gone the last two weeks, so I’ve been riding Pop’s indoor bicycle instead (I don’t like running by myself, what can I say). My goal is to boost my mood, feel fit, and lose 5 pounds, in that order. So far, I’m not sure it’s working. Buuuuuuuuuut there’s always next week!
- Scheming: see point 4 above.
- Spoiling my kitten: um, yah, for Tim’s birthday he got me a cat. Love how that worked.
- Teaching: I’m back into the school year by two weeks, and it’s going stunningly. Way better than last year (even though last year wasn’t bad) because I know what I’m doing. So fun.
Tune back in for more details on almost all of the above!